Home   /   Music   /   Merch   /   Shows   /   Biography   /   Contact

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

For The Good Times (5-17-10)



So I went up to Pasadena last night to play a solo acoustic set at the Old Towne Pub. It was a Monday night, and I was pretty certain that nobody was going to come see me play. There was a small gathering of locals at the bar to watch the Lakers and Dodgers games, and that was basically it. I felt a little guilty going up to play (at least the games were over), but in this kind of situation what can you do? So I go up to do my thing and by the time I'm done the place has pretty much cleared out except for my girlfriend, my friend Judd, and Sebastian A. Bach (who I had met at an isgoodmusic event a couple months back).

Being that nobody else was scheduled to play, I suggested that Sebastian play some songs. He said ok, and after disappearing for what seemed like only a few minutes he shows back up with 4 or 5 energized people who are all ready to hear some music!! The remainder of the night consisted of trading off the guitar and mic amongst anyone who wanted to play, and we all had a blast busting out Elliott Smith tunes, Pearl Jam, Tragically Hip, more of our respective original stuff, and even a little Bob Marley!

Sometimes this crazy world of music is only as good as what you and those around you are willing to make of it. All in all, it was a good night.

Check out some of Sebastian's music at www.myspace.com/ohyeahthefuture

No comments: